1n 2008 HOH completed roof and cornice restoration. The existing roof on the building had been installed in 1939, and if it had been maintained would today still be protecting the building. Unfortunately, during the period of private ownership (1962-1992) the roof was not painted or maintained and numerous leaks found their way into the building. The monumental cornice on all four facades of the building appears not to have been painted in probably more than a century. Many pieces of the wood cornice were missing or had rotted away. A window in the south tympanum in the rear of the building was found in pieces in the attic where it had probably lain for decades. Now for the first time in decades, the building is completely water tight, and the cornice has been restored to its 1855 glory.